Pumpkin Cinnamon Buns
The FUELER team is full of good surprises, especially when it comes to homemade recipes to take as snacks on daily commutes and Sunday drives.
Riley Tyers (instagram: @theauthenticnut ) shares her most favourite recipe with us! Follow her and us ( @fuelercanada ) for more recipes!
430g unbleached all purpose flour, divided
60g granulated white sugar
7g instant dry yeast
1 large egg (50g), at room temperature
130g liquid kefir yogurt, at room temperature
120g pumpkin puree, at room temperature
113g unsalted butter, melted
10g vanilla bean paste
20g pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
10g cream, for brushing
125g dark brown sugar
30g granulated white sugar
6g ground cinnamon
50g chopped walnuts
65g unsalted butter, softened
90g cream cheese, softened
100g icing sugar
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together 350g flour, granulated white sugar, and instant dry yeast. Attach dough hook attachment and add melted butter, liquid kefir yogurt, pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla bean paste, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix on low until incorporated, increase to speed 2. Add salt and remaining flour, mixing until soft dough forms and sides of the bowl are clean.
3. Place dough into a greased bowl and cover with a towel or lid. Let rise 30-60 minutes in a warm draft-free area until doubled in bulk. Punch down dough and place onto a floured work surface. Roll out a 12×16″ rectangle.
4. Spread softened butter over the surface of the dough, leaving a 1/4 inch border around the edges. Sprinkle over cinnamon sugar and walnuts.
5. Roll up jelly roll style and pinch seams closed. Score 12 pieces about 2″ wide and slice through. Place into a 9×13″ baking pan lined with parchment paper and let rise until doubled in size about 30 minutes in a warm draft-free area.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. Brush tops of cinnamon rolls with cream and bake until golden brown on the top and browned on the bottom, about 35 minutes. While buns are baking prepare the cream cheese icing.
5. In the bowl of a stand mixer whip together icing sugar, cream cheese, butter, and salt. Mix until smooth. Frost buns with cream cheese icing while slightly warm. Serve warm or wait until cooled for icing to set. Enjoy!
To make your own pumpkin pie spice:
Mix together 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon allspice, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves. Scale 20g for recipe and store remaining in an airtight container or jar.