Our very own cheese-maker Paula shares her Greek Chicken Bake recipe!
Feel whisked away to the islands of Greece and don’t forget to sign up for one of her classes too so you can make your own feta cheese!
Share what you’ve done with us! Tag us @fuelercanada or use the hashtag #fuelercooks !
– 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 2 tsp olive oil
– 2 tsp Greek seasoning
– 1/2 cup cherry tomato halves
– 1/2 cup chopped or sliced Kalamata olives (or use black olives if you prefer)
– 1/2 cup sliced Greek pepperoncini
– 3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese (use more or less to taste)
– Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Trim four large chicken breasts. Rub chicken on both sides with Greek Seasoning.
3. Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium high heat, then add chicken breasts and cook about 2 minutes on first side, until it’s starting to barely brown.
4. Turn chicken over and cook a few minutes on the other side. (Don’t cook too long at this point or the chicken will be overdone by the time it bakes.)
(While chicken cooks and is cooling a bit, drain olives and slice, slice cherry tomatoes in half, removed seeds from pepperoncini and slice, and crumble the feta)
5. Remove chicken to cutting board and let cool 1-2 min until it’s cool enough to handle.
6. Then cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 3-4 strips.
7. Spray an 8″x13″ or 9″x12″ casserole dish with non-stick spray and arrange chicken breasts going crosswise in the dish.
8. Sprinkle tomatoes, olives, and pepperoncini over the chicken strips and crumble Feta over the top.
9. Season to taste with fresh-ground black pepper.
10. Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is hot and cheese is starting to melt (internal temperature of 165 F)
11. Serve hot and enjoy.
AMOUNT PER SERVING: CALORIES: 248 TOTAL FAT: 13G SATURATED FAT: 5G UNSATURATED FAT: 8G CHOLESTEROL: 85MG SODIUM: 1010MG CARBOHYDRATES: 3G FIBER: 1G SUGAR: 1G PROTEIN: 28G
Recipe by Make Cheese With Paula , @makecheesewithpaula