Today would have been Dr. Stamen Grigorov’s 142nd Birthday! Born in Studen Izvor, Bulgaria, he discovered the Lactobacillus Bulgaricus Bacillus: used in the making of yogurt. We honour him for this brilliant find that we all love to eat in some shape or form.
Whether you like your granola on it’s own or sandwiched between creamy layers of yogurt and fruits, try out our granola recipe for yourself for an all-day approved snack!
With a few simple steps create delicious clumpy homemade granola without any sugar or preservatives! Recipe from the Editor!
- 4 cups large oats
- 1 cup raw nuts and seeds (we like to use a mix of almonds and hazelnuts)
- 1 tsp cinnamon spice
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut shreds
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit (our favourite is candied dried pineapple)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond flavour
- 2 egg whites
Ultimate granola in 7 Steps:
- Preheat oven to 280F
- Mix wet ingredients in a bowl – except the egg whites
- Mix egg white’s in separate bowl until frothy
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together first, then add the egg whites
- Sift onto lined tray and push aside granola from middle to form a large hole
- Bake for 45minutes, turn off oven and let cool inside the oven
- Once cooled take out and break into clumps
- Eat and Share! #fuelercooks